Lori is very active with our PCOS folks, here is a great example of her progress.
This week on the ETP podcast it is all about PCOS – Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
What is PCOS and does it slow down your fat loss results?
Dr Mike T interviews ETP Coach Lori Walsh who has successfully managed PCOS and helped coached others to do the same.
Listen in as we discuss:
- What is PCOS? (0:44)
- How did all of this start? (2:02)
- What are the symptoms commonly seen in PCOS? (4:13)
- How do you know when to talk to your doc? (9:06)
- Why having fun in your training is even more important here (14:23)
- How does lifestyle impact it? (19:49)
- Why stress and sleep are sooooo important here (21:01)
- How can you use heart rate variability (HRV) here (23:02)
- The elephant in the room – add MORE carbs to your diet? (28:07)
- The most important thing (34:07)
- What do you measure? (39:45)
- Loris success going from 240 to 180 lbs (45:19)
- Should you use a ketogenic diet for PCOS? (51:19)
- Should you just “Paleo Harder”? (52:07)
- What are the top 3 things you should do (54:01)
Thank you for listening!
Latest posts by eattoperform (see all)
- Is Noom a game changer or simply a retread of an old idea? - March 8, 2019
- Predictions for the new Crossfit Open (2019) format - February 20, 2019
- Diet plateau to progress, ETP client Karina Frost - February 16, 2019